Trial Attorney – Of Counsel
- B.Sc. (Computer Science and Computational & Applied Mathematics), University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, with distinction, 2000
- B.Sc.Hons. (Computer Science), University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, with distinction, 2001
- M.S. (Computer Science), University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2003
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2006
- McDermott Will & Emery, 2007 − 2010
- Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch, 2010 − 2015
- Los Angeles District Attorney, 2015 − 2019
obin Phillips is a trial lawyer with over a decade of litigation experience and is Of Counsel to Berman Litigation Group. He has tried over 30 jury trials and negotiated settlements in hundreds of cases.
Phillips litigates intellectual property matters as well as high-stakes commercial cases.
Phillips began his career as a patent litigator at the international firm of McDermott Will & Emery (Am Law 100). He then practiced at Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch (Am Law 200), broadening his scope to include other areas of intellectual property and complex business disputes, while maintaining a significant focus on patent litigation. Phillips has represented companies of all sizes, including Fortune 500 companies, and has litigated primarily against Am Law 100 firms.
Phillips served as a Deputy District Attorney for 5 years at the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office, where he was in court every day trying cases as lead counsel, questioning witnesses, arguing motions and negotiating settlements. He founded his law firm, Phillips Lex, in 2019.
Phillips has argued before the Ninth Circuit and the Federal Circuit Courts of Appeals, and has briefed the US Supreme Court. In addition to his law degree, he holds a Master’s degree in Computer Science.
Phillips teams up with Laurence Berman and Berman Litigation Group on complex cases that are going to trial.